Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dawn's Gender Reveal l Fredericksburg, Va Maternity Photographer



You would think writing about your best friend would be the easiest, but for me this may be the hardest other than writing about myself.

I am so happy and proud of Sam and Dawn, they have been through quite a bit in dreaming and praying for this special baby that is already loved so much by so many. This year it happened for them!!!! And sorry Sam, but yes I was the first to know about this pregnancy. :) I will say Dawn is not a huge fan of being in front of the camera, but she is allowing me to capture every moment of this journey, and be with her every step of the way. EEEEKKKKK!!! I guess that is a perk of having a photographer as your best friend, right?!?! But, I am also a pain in the butt, because I remind her "hey, we need to do bump pictures this week."

Since Dawn and Sam have had a rocky road with journey the last two years, we did want to wait until after the first trimester to announce to everyone.

I have known Dawn for a long time, and I will say Sam and this baby make her the happiest I have every seen, thank you Sam for that! She deserves all this happiness!

Myself and Dawn are a lot alike, which is probably why we get along so well. Most of the time we are in each others brains; yes you read that right. We have the same ideas if we are planning a date night, we finish each other sentences, and we have the dumbest inside jokes no one with ever understand, but we do and that is all that matters. We can brightest each others darkest days with a simple emoji text message. If we go two days without talking to each other, it feels like forever. And in this same sense we are both the most impatient people you will probably ever meet. Which is probably why this stubborn beautiful woman had to find out her gender at 16 weeks, 4 weeks before the average lady.

We arrived at sneak a peek in Fredericksburg, Va about a half hour early just to ensure we were on time. Dawn began to get antsy, and held back biting her nails like she normally would. I got my camera and speedlight ready, and explained to her and her mom I will be like a fly on the wall. I was there to capture the emotion of this amazing moment.


Seriously look at how happy she is to get ready to see her baby! :)






 And she couldn't find out the gender YET! We made her wait.





 Baby is doing GREAT!
 And we got to hear the heartbeat, this is when I was all teary eyed.




 And this was my project when we got back to her house.






 I put Dawn to work too. :)





 Making these were a process, but sooooo much fun!
These were for family, that is how they found out the gender as well. :)
 Dawn's special cupcake.


 We had planned to do these outside, but it started to down pour, and did you read where we are both impatient. So we settled for inside.
 She is so cute closing her eyes :)


 And this was her reaction after she opened them.
 And this is her I told you so, I "knewed" it face. :)
 Baby Amelia Grace, we can't wait to meet you!!!



 

 A cell phone image from Instagram of us.









No comments:

Post a Comment