Monday, April 15, 2013

My busy weekend l Personal

SSSHHHOOOOOO!!! I have never posted a personal blog before, but I would like to let my clients have a little more insight to my life. This weekend was quite busy, and that may be an understatement.

Now with Spring here we all have that wonderful thing called yard work. Well, I am still adjusting to having a set work schedule for my business, as I still work full time. Yes, I still work full time in research, 40 hours a week. Plus coming home and editing pics, sessions, meeting clients, preparing for blogs, and finding eating and sleep somewhere in between. As I am getting ready to hit wedding season, I am really trying to get on the ball with having a set work schedule and a life to keep me sane, as this was great advice from Amanda Hedgepeth; she is an amazing photographer and mommy!

My Saturday went like this: Skeatti, my pug, jumping on me at 7:30 am, cause yet another smoke detector battery was going dead.....well there went sleeping in. Then not only is he laying on top of me, but then Meatball, my other pug in standing beside me looking down at me "like get up, I know your awake," oh and don't let me forget the cat chiming in........ So, let the dogs out, feed them, run to the dump (I live in the country we take our own trash to the dump), go jogging (and stopped after two miles and decided I really need to let this hurt knee heal), had to go get gas to cut my grass, push mowed my lawn, fixed my washing machine FINALLY, fixed my bath tub drain FINALLY. Then it was noon, and time for me to get ready to meet a bride, which she awesomely suggested beer over our meeting....YES please! After my great meeting with my bride, I made my way to Maymont for another session with the Olive's (love them to pieces). Then I had my FIRST ever headshots taken for my NEW Website design. Erica Stanley of Hildebrandt Photography met me during  this family session and got a few behind the scene shot for me as well.

It is always great to have friends in this industry, not only to support you, but to keep you level headed and help you LEARN. Thank you Erica for a lot of laughs and images that I can share :) :) Your AWESOME SAUCE.

Sunday was not as crazy, but I had to tend to my house in the morning, as I let it go during the week with work and more work. Made a visit to my brother and Papa, as they are my family that I am SUPER close with, and my rocks when I am having a down day or time in my life. And as if I couldn't get enough of Erica the day before, I spent the rest of the evening with her shooting some behind the scenes for her awesome styled engagement session. Not gonna lie, it is fun playing assistant from time to time. :)

Here are some images from this weekend:




Meet Erica of Hildebrandt Photography, we had so much fun during our headshots session!!
 LOVE her bowtie ring!!
 Playing with some sunflare.

AND some behind the scenes for Erica:





2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I love it even more that final image is golden... cant wait to share and see more!

    ReplyDelete