Thursday, March 20, 2014

All about wedding albums

I LOVE that I offer Wedding Albums in my wedding packages now. When these come in, after spending days designing for my brides and grooms, I really don't want to pass them along because each one is so gorgeous. I want to keep them all to show them off to everyone, but that wouldn't be fair to my brides would it? LOL

I used to only offer photo books, I was actually afraid of the designing process of the big albums. Sad, but true. I have learned from this lesson as well. And I still offer photo books in my basic wedding package and in A la carte.

What is the difference between photo BOOK and a photo ALBUM? A photo book is a small book, I like to call it a coffee table book. It is rather thin and a basic book; it is about the width of a Dr. Seuss book, and the pages are rather thin as well even if they are lay-flat. My brides tend to gift photo books to parents or grandparents as a keep sake. Albums, lets be real, are the thing brides want most. It IS an heirloom that will be passed down to their children and grandchildren, at least that is how I think of them when I decided it was time to add them to my packages.

Here is my last album that came in for a wonderful fall wedding couple while I was in Vegas, and I actually had time to photograph it before meeting her to pass it along. This is an ivory leather that was perfect for their wedding album.

 I love how the pages are thick and sturdy.
 Gorgeous, gorgeous binding.


 LOVE showing off details of their day, it helps tell their story.





No comments:

Post a Comment